Remember that mulching not only helps protect our plants' root zones during cold snaps, but also assists in water retention... along with weed abatement from the inevitable annual Spring weeds that will begin to pop up everywhere in the near future.
In stock: Fir Mulch with 15% composted chicken manure. Buy 3 bags and the 4th is free!
Dormant spray and Fertilize:
- The window on dormant spraying your fruit trees is rapidly closing!
remember to use an organic dormant horticultural oil to spray peach, apricot, and nectarines to prevent peach leaf curl. Once the leaf buds open… you have missed this year’s window of opportunity in keeping the fungus at bay.
- Remember that you can use aluminum sulfate to create BLUE BLOOM in your pink hydrangeas… Fertilize now and again in about 3-4 months
- Roses soon to be breaking bud will benefit from ½ cup Alfagrow in addition to some Epsom salts or Rose Food – we have both!
Horticultural Oil, true Blue – aluminum sulfate, Alfagrow & Rose Food
- With our very mild winter, the plants are a bit confused and will be emerging very soon from their brief winter’s nap … finish up your dormant pruning within the enxt few weeks – cut out any of the dead or diseased branches, open up the centers of fruit trees and roses, head back or tip prune to encourage denser growth.
Pruning shears, pruning lopers, pruning saws, and protective garden gloves
What to Plant???
- Vegetable starts and Seeds: NOT YET! (Renee’s organic vegetable and herb seeds will arrive by mid Feb.)
- However we do have some beautiful FRAGRANT CAMELLIAS, DEER-PROOF HELLEBORED, and 4 inch color to spice up the winter doldrums in your garden. Come visit us for some great garden ideas!
FYI: We have San Francisco Flower & Garden Show tickets… Mar. 21-25
Early Bird price: $16:00 until March 11th
regular Adult ticket price: $20.00